Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Icon Analysis

Today, we can recognize a lot of different icons that impact our lives. However, these icons can have a   negative or positive affect on us which can determine how we conduct our own lives. My 3 icons I have chosen have all been a part of my life in one way or another. The 3 icons I chose were: Micheal Jackson, Allen Iverson and the Rolex wristwatch. 

Micheal Jackson, R & B music artist, was labeled as the "King of    Pop", I love Micheal Jackson's music and what he stood for. His music told a story and touched the lives of many people all across the world. Eventhough he is no longer physically in the world, he will always be a part of black music.  Allen Iverson, a former NBA player, was labeled one of the youngest NBA players to reach 50 points in a single game. His skills were phenomenal and he made a great name for himself by his smooth crossover and his designer corn rolled hair style. I loved the game, but loved it even more because of him. Finally, the Rolex wristwatch, imported to England in the early 1900's. This almost 100 old designer wristwatch is one of the most luxurious wristwatches ever designed. Known for the rich and famous type watch, unfortunately was not a positive experience for me due to the expensive nature it has and the popularity it has. It was stolen from my possession and caused a broken heartache for me. However, I learned from the experience and still say it was a beautiful and worthy watch.





I choose these three icons, because of the impact each one has had on my life. MJ was my musical inspiration while Allen Iverson is very attractive to me by his skill of the game and his physical appearance. The Rolex wristwatch was a proud possession I owned and unfortunately got stolen, but learned that I need to make sure that when something that precious is in my possession, I need to make sure I keep a close eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment